Club managers know they can trust CMAA. Close to 6,500 members receive guidance from CMAA for operational assistance, clubhouse renovations, governance, job changes, certification or the latest technological advances — whatever the profession brings their way. Through change, through excellence, through it all, CMAA is serving its members.
Top 10 Reasons to be a CMAA Member
1. Education – CMAA’s Business Management Institute (BMI) education programs provide club professionals with opportunities to further enhance career efficacy. Each BMI course is designed to focus on the skills and management areas vital to the success of well-rounded club managers/executives.
2. Certification – The Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation has been the hallmark of professionalism in club management since 1965 and is the cornerstone of CMAA’s member recognition program. It is a valuable and widely-respected mark of a manager’s commitment to professional development and the club industry.
3. Networking/Member Communities – Whether it’s in person or online, CMAA offers invaluable networking opportunities to connect and engage on chapter, national and/or global levels. Join a community that fits your interests or will supplement your career goals. Don’t reinvent the wheel – share (and steal) best practices, viewpoints and ideas with/from fellow club managers via social media and group events.
4. World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo – Touted as the Association's most visible annual event, members, partners, allied groups and companies gather to participate in a variety of unique educational opportunities reflecting the latest trends, products and services in the club industry.
5. Career Development – CMAA's ClubCareers website provides online access to the best career counseling, job opportunity listings and employment services available in the club industry. Members also have access to résumé writing and critiquing services as well as a toll-free coaching hotline.
6. Leadership – Being a leader is imperative to any club management position. Through education and resources, CMAA provides the necessary tools to increase a manager’s effectiveness as a successful leader and asset to the club.
7. Research and Benchmarking – CMAA members have unlimited access to a robust database of club and hospitality-related articles, white papers, guidelines and statistics covering virtually every aspect of the club management universe. CMAA conducts annual survey reports which are complimentary to clubs that participate.
8. Club Resources – In alignment with our mission to advance the club management profession, CMAA partners with leading club industry organizations to offer CMAA member-managed clubs access to best practice tools and resources. Let us help you identify ways to improve club operations in the following areas: staff training, business operations and employee benefits. Through a subscription to the Club Resource Center, your club staff and board gain access to online training courses and a library of club-specific resources.
9. Advocacy – CMAA prepares its members to influence outcomes in club boardrooms and the halls of government through resources, education and skill development. Further, it provides the latest information on legislative, regulatory and legal updates through its grassroots advocacy platform, clubindustryvotes.org.
10. The Club Foundation – Established by CMAA in 1988, The Club Foundation seeks to fund the life cycle of a club manager’s career, providing financial support in five key areas: students, faculty, club managers, CMAA chapters and the club industry at large. It supports the advancement of club management professionals, funding industry education programs through scholarships and grants.