2016 February 29
Alexandria, VA — February 29, 2016 — The Club Managers Association of America is pleased to announce its 2016 Officers and Board of Directors. Voting for officers and directors was conducted online and in-person at the CMAA 89th World Conference on Club Management and Club Business Expo in San Diego, CA. The election results were announced at the event’s Closing Business Session on Thursday, February 25.
The 2016 CMAA Officers are:
- President Jill R. Philmon, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Ballantyne Country Club, Charlotte, NC;
- Vice President Robert C. James, CCM, CCE, CHE, Chief Operating Officer of Westchester Country Club, Rye, NY;
- Secretary–Treasurer Robert J. "Bobby" Crifasi, CCM, CCE, CPA, General Manager of New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans, LA; and
- Immediate Past President Tony D’Errico, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Westwood Country Club, St. Louis, MO.
Newly elected or re-elected as Directors are:
- Mitchell S. Platt, MCM, CCE, General Manager of the Cosmos Club, Washington, DC (Elected to a Three-Year Term);
- Randall J. Ruder, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, NY (Re-elected to a Three-Year Term); and
- Michael D. Seabrook, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville, TN (Elected to a Three-Year Term).
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board are:
- Mark A. Bado, MCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of The Kansas City Country Club, Mission Hills, KS;
- William E. Langley, CCM, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Quail Ridge Country Club, Boynton Beach, FL;
- Brian R. Kroh, CCM, General Manager of John’s Island Club, Vero Beach, FL;
- Todd D. Marsh, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Conway Farms Golf Club, Lake Forest, IL;
- Richard D. Spurlin, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Eugene Country Club, Eugene, OR; and
- Christina A. Toups, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Ridglea Country Club, Fort Worth, TX.
The CMAA Board of Directors is comprised of 13 club management professionals who are passionate about the long-term vision of CMAA, and work respectfully with staff, committees, members, partners and the greater industry to advance the profession of club management.
The Club Managers Association of America (CMAA) is the largest professional association for managers of membership clubs with 6,500 members throughout the US and internationally. Our managers operate more than 2,500 country, golf, athletic, city, faculty, military, town and yacht clubs. The objectives of the association are to promote relationships between club management professionals and other similar professions; to encourage the education and advancement of members; and to provide the resources needed for club managers to operate efficiently and successfully. CMAA is headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with 45 professional chapters and more than 45 student chapters and colonies. Learn more at www.cmaa.org.